This model of the famous submarine was entirely designed from Polish COBI construction blocks in a sensational 1:144 scale! The set consists of 444 elements and includes a brick display base and a plate with the name of the sub. The perfectly reproduced U-96 model measures 46.6 cm in length! All details and graphic elements are durable prints that do not wear off even during intensive use.
The iconic submarine is another must-have item for collectors and fans of naval technology, engineering and history. The model also has excellent display value and it looks great both in an adult office and in a teenager's room. Build history, piece by piece, with COBI!
The historic ship U-96 entered service on September 14, 1940. The ship made a total of 11 combat patrols, during which she sank 28 ships and damaged 4. She took part in actions against Allied convoys. The unit's hallmark was a distinctive emblem depicting a smiling swordfish. After April 1943, U-96 became a training ship. Noteworthy is the fact that no crew died during the service on the ship, which did not happen often in wartime conditions. The ship was decommissioned on February 15, 1945. It was sunk in the port of Wilhelmshaven during an American air raid on March 30, 1945. The experiences of war correspondent Lothar-Günther Buchheim, who participated in one of the voyages under the command of Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock, inspired him to write the novel on which the film "Das Boot" was based.
- 444 high-quality elements
- Produced in the EU by a company with over 20 years of tradition
- The blocks meet the safety standards of products for children
- Fully compatible with other brands of construction blocks
- Blocks with prints do not scratch or smear and do not fade during play or under the influence of temperature
- Clear and intuitive instructions based on illustrations and step-by-step directions
- Display stand with the name of the ship
- Model scale 1:144
Model dimensions: (L x W x H): 466mm (18.3") x 41mm (1.6") x 126mm (5")